Complete Pregnancy Pillow Guide
Motherhood is the best feeling of life for a couple. It brings new hopes, new energy, and love to life. When the pregnancy period starts its progress then you will start noticing a continuous expansion in your tummy.
So now you are moving towards a new body shape and size and you have to face lots of challenges with it on the way. The biggest one is to find difficulty in sleep. In order to get relief from this trouble, professionals recommend using pregnancy pillow that makes sleeping hours super comfortable.
There is no doubt to say that your pregnancy pillow serves like best addition to your bedroom as it also assists the person sharing a bed with pregnant women. Generally when would be mothers are not able to sleep properly during night hours than their turning and tossing movements also disturb the sleep of their partners.
But when you have best pregnancy pillow with you then it will work like a miracle for both of you. Actually, your partner will definitely love it much more than you as it will assist him to have a comfortable sleep.
When we talk about pregnancy pillows then it is not good to make vague decision to buy them rather one should run deep analysis over the available best solutions. The market is loaded with several designs from multiple brands so it is little complicated to choose the best one out of the big list. Don’t worry! The guide below can help you better to find the best solution for your sleepless nights and cheap pregnancy pillow needs. Keep reading the content below.
What are the different types of popular pregnancy pillows?
You will be amazed to know that they are available in wide range and all are inspired from unique design parameters. You can find them with variable shapes, styles, and sizes. Here we are going to run a detailed discussion about pros and cons associated with all of these popular models.
1. Pregnancy Wedge Pillow
So, as the name indicates, it is typically a wedge. This pillow is designed in such a manner that it runs below tummy as well as a back portion of pregnancy lady so that her body can avail maximum support in night hours.
Pregnancy pillow reviews say that pregnancy wedges are some of the best choices for your low budget pregnancy pillow needs. Most of the mothers around the world love to buy these pregnancy pillows and the great news is that it can also assist most of you to enjoy your TV hours. Yeah! It means you need not to get pregnant to enjoy the added comfort of these high-quality pillows.
Here are few common applications where wedge pillows are commonly used:
- Below Tummy: The wedge pillows provide perfect support to mother’s tummy while assisting her hips and back for new weight adjustments.
- Behind Back: In case if you often keep on turning and tossing during sleep hours then it is advised to keep wedge pillow to one of your sides.
- Below the Regular Pillow: This pillow can better elevate the head of the pregnant women and also adds comfort for reflux and heartburn.
In few cases, pregnant ladies use to keep the wedge pillows near them so that they can hold a hot water bottle with ease to any desired side of their body. The most commonly available shapes of a pregnancy pillow are round and triangular.
- They need very less space in your room.
- Low-cost solution for your needs.
- They can extend support to a very small portion of your body.
- You may need to use an additional head pillow with them.
2. Full-Length Pregnancy Pillow
You must have noticed the name; it says “full length” that means these pillows are available in a size that is almost equal to your whole body. These pillows are also known as body pillows and the style is straight. Note that, they may appear the best choice for cuddling but they are not a good choice if you need support for your back.
If you buy a full-length pregnancy pillow then it is good to get few regular pillows too because you may need them to add support to different parts of your body. These best rated pregnancy pillow are generally available in two major formations; the simplest one is a straight full-length pillow and the second option is a flexible full-length pillow.
The flexible ones can be easily bent to any desired shape to add more comfort with any sleeping posture. If you pick the expensive ones in this category then they will be made up of microbeads whereas the cheaper ones have standard Styrofoam balls inside.
- They add support to the whole body at a time.
- You need not use a head pillow with them.
- These pillows consume much space on your bed.
- You will not find them an ideal choice for back sleepers.
3. Total Body Pregnancy Pillows
These pillows simply wrap around the outer portion of your body and they are well known for providing classic support to the whole body. You will find the maximum length of these pillows somewhere around 5 to 6 feet and they often curl up with ease. The well-designed shape of total body pillows not only supports your body from front side but at the same time they can add support to your back.
Pregnant ladies that are facing the trouble of sore back after sleeping hours are advised to buy these total body pregnancy pillows. These well-designed pillows are generally available in two shapes: you can either buy the c shaped pregnancy pillow or the other option is U shaped total body pillow. As you know well, each style follows English alphabet with its shape and the best part is that they are very useful for your pregnancy duration.
Note that, the C shaped pillows are often used in riding position where the base of C is saddled between legs and top portion stays below your head. The back will find support from curved portion of C. On the other side, the U shaped design is more suitable for a joyful sleep that ensures perfect rest to back. Same as C shaped pillow, u shape pregnancy pillow also add support to legs, back, and head.
- You need not go for separate head pillows with this selection.
- It is rated as most supported toddler pillow available in the market.
- They are big and bulky enough.
- You will find them an expensive option.
What are the best filling materials for pregnancy Pillows?
Type of filling used for pregnancy pillow makes big difference for their quality.
Most of the manufacturers try to make them more supportive and comfortable by using best choice for materials:
- Styrofoam Ball Filling:You must have observed your bin bags that contain small white balls. They are well known as Styrofoam balls and you will find them in most of the low-cost pillows. The Styrofoam type filling pillows are more suitable for your needs because they easily adapt all sleeping patterns and are light in weight. But the sad truth is that they use to make unwanted noise when you sleep over them.
- Polyester Fiber Filling:Here is another popular choice for pregnancy pillows and it will not interfere your sleep by making noise. Note that here the amount of fiber used for filling will decide how firm your pillow will be. This is one of the most commonly preferred filling mechanisms for pregnancy pillows.
- Micro Bead Filling: These micro balls are tiny balls having maximum dimension somewhere around 1/32 inches. You will feel like they are filled with sand inside still they use to be light in weight. Indeed, you will find it best choice for your pregnancy duration. The best thing to know is that they never make any noise and are much supportive for every sleeping pattern.
- Memory Foam Filling: These foams can easily take any shape that your body demands complete comfort. As soon as your weight falls on this pillow, it presses and gets converted to the desired shape but when you leave it the foam soon get its original shape back. These pillows allow perfect air circulation in the area so that you can avoid the feeling of hotness.
- Organic Filling:
Those who are more interested in buying something natural will definitely love the organic filling in their pregnancy pillows. Some of the most commonly used organic filling options are Kapok, Wool, and Spelt. Indeed, it is one of the most beneficial pregnancy pillow target.
One more thing that you need to consider while buying a pregnancy pillow is hypoallergenic designs. Studies reveal that most of the ladies face several changes in their body during pregnancy and it often makes them sensitive to fibers as well as many other materials.
Thus the best idea is to use a hypoallergenic pregnancy pillow so that you can have a perfect sleep at night without facing any trouble related to allergies. This target pregnancy pillow will also save you from several medical complications in this special duration of your life as these pillows are capable enough to fight against symptoms of allergies and asthma etc.
Some of the most recommended selections for Pregnancy Pillows
So, if you are ready to buy a new supportive pregnancy pillow for the most awesome duration of your life then here are few top recommendations that can suit your needs:
- Best C shaped Snoogle Total Body Pregnancy Pillow:
This pregnancy pillow snoogle is one of the most useful pregnancy pillows and they are being used by expecting mothers throughout the world. The company is serving buyers with their ultimate pillow collections from last 10 years and all these designs are a great source of comfort. You will definitely love their C shaped snoogle pregnancy pillow design that supports the whole body and the extra length makes it suitable for all sleep patterns.
- Back U shaped N- Belly Contoured Body Pillow:
No matter whether you love to sleep towards left or right; or have a habit of turning throughout the night, these U shaped pillows provide complete support to the front as well as the back portion of your body. The best news is that they make people more comfortable who are sharing a bed with the pregnant ladies as one can easily maintain sleeping postures within confined limit. The extra size of these U shaped leachco pregnancy pillow also assists ladies who sleep straight up. They provide perfect grip to your expanded tummy and can add more comfort to your sleeping hours.
- Best Wedge Boppy Petite Trelis Grey Pregnancy Pillow:
Here are another light weight and versatile option for your pregnancy duration. These low-cost boppy pregnancy pillows are one of the most effective choices for your sleeping comfort but you need to do a proper market analysis to buy them with the best price tag. These pillows are designed with firmer appearance so that they can provide perfect support to the whole body structure. The best part is that they are some of the most useful small sized collections so you will find them best for your bedroom.
- Best Memory Foam Shredded Body Pillow:
Indeed, Coop Homes Goods add more value to the collection of pregnancy pillows. This is a premium collection of pregnancy pillow bed bath and beyond is comfortable enough for your complete body and all kind of sleeping postures. It is designed with 60-inch long length so your whole body can find perfect support with this shape. You will be glad to know that they are designed with 100% hypoallergenic materials that are the perfect choice for initiating a fight against allergies.