- Causes of Chlamydia in Women
- What are the symptoms of Chlamydia in Women?
- 1. Changes in the Vaginal Discharge
- 2. Leads to Infertility in Women
- 3. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- 4. Cervicitis
- 5. Bartholinitis
- Diagnosis of Chlamydia
- Possible Treatment for Chlamydia
- Most Effective Home Based Remedies for Chlamydia
Chlamydia is a well known sexually transmitted disease that is often caused by Chlamydia Trachomatis, a special kind of bacterium leading to serious damage to reproductive system organs in the female body. It can also affect lungs, throat, and eyes of the affected person. When it is ignored so long then this disease can cause more serious issues like infertility.
Stats reveal that almost 1 out of 20 women that are sexually active are affected with Chlamydia in the UK. This disease is commonly observed in females falling in the age group of 15 to 25 years. Medical professionals reveal that this medical trouble often comes without any symptom so they call it a ‘silent infection’.
Note that, Chlamydia is generally spread during unprotected vaginal, anal and oral sex so it is possible to stay safe from this disease by using a condom. Also, it is essential to get yourself as well as your new partner tested for the symptoms of the disease so that you can stay safe.
Causes of Chlamydia in Women
The very first thing that you need to understand about this sexually transmitted disease is the causes that lead to its symptoms. This information is essential not only to avail right treatment; rather it also assists in disease prevention. As already discussed, Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted disease that finds its way behind a bacteria ‘Chlamydia Trachomatis’. Now, as it is not caused by a virus so the disease can spread from one affected person to another healthy body only when a direct contact is established. This disease can affect both males as well as females.
Chlamydia use to have a direct effect on the reproductive system of teens or adults and its major impact is noticed on people that are sexually active. As per medical professionals, Chlamydia targets mucous membranes inside the human body and it happens only when a person makes a direct contact with an infected partner via oral, anal or vaginal sex.
Reports reveal that this disease can also be transferred from infected mother to her new born child, where the major symptoms are recognized in form of pneumonia or eye infection in the infant. Some of you might be interested to know that why Chlamydia affects young adults in most of the cases; the reason behind is that in their body, the uterus opening is in process of maturity so it is not capable enough to resists against bacterial transmission.
Studies reveal that almost five percent more women stay affected with Chlamydia as compared to other sexually transmitted health troubles like syphilis and gonorrhea etc. Note that, those who have found symptoms of one sexually transmitted disease in their body are also advised to avail tests for others to avoid the chances of complications at a later stage.
What are the symptoms of Chlamydia in Women?
The symptoms of Chlamydia in women are rarely noticeable. Professionals reveal that among a huge number of patients, only 30% females show symptoms related to this disease and rest all suffer from silent infection. In case if symptoms of the disease are present in the body then the person will notice them within 3 weeks right from their occurrence.
Some of the major symptoms associated with Chlamydia disease are:
1. Changes in the Vaginal Discharge
Women may face discharge when affected with Chlamydia and it happens due to the presence of infection at the uterine cervix. You will find this discharge either yellow or milky white in color. It also leads to burning sensation at the time of urination.
Some studies show that Chlamydia infection can also cause troubles to urethra while leading to urinary tract infection that causes pain at the time of urination. A person may also feel frequent urges for urination. When this chlamydia in women symptoms are ignored too long then the infection may get spread towards fallopian tubes via the cervix.
In this case, following additional symptoms are observed:
- Bleeding or pain while having sex.
- Spotting in between periods.
- Fever or Nausea.
- Some kind of heaviness can be felt by the person around hips.
- It may also lead to lower back pain or abdominal pain.
2. Leads to Infertility in Women
Several cases of infertility have been observed till now and most of them use to happen just because of untreated Chlamydia. Whenever Chlamydia infection attacks a woman then it often creates trouble at uterus opening. Note that if this condition is ignored so long then bacterium starts traveling towards fallopian tube and then to ovaries.
This disease also causes harm to the hairs around the fallopian tube so the egg is not able to find guidance from ovaries towards womb. Such kind of damage leads to scars and slowly the tube may get blocked. This blockage is a major reason behind infertility. Some professionals have also reported the presence of ectopic pregnancy in Chlamydia affected women so it is really important to get it treated on time so that complications can be avoided.
3. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
Chlamydia can also lead to Pelvic Inflammatory Disease when it starts affecting womb or the fallopian tubes.
Some of the most commonly known symptoms of PID are:
- The person feels lower back pain.
- Abnormal kind of discharge through the vagina.
- Pain while having sexual intercourse.
- It may also cause abdominal vaginal bleeding.
Although most of the women start showing these symptoms within few disease of PID but in other cases, the infection may show its reaction in slow motion.
When the neck of the womb or cervix becomes inflamed due to Chlamydia then it leads to severe discomfort with chlamydia in women discharge and bleeding.
Cervicitis shows symptoms such as an urgent feeling of urination, burning or pain at the time of sexual intercourse. If you keep on ignoring these symptoms so long then it can lead to deep pelvic pain, backache, and unwanted vaginal discharge.
In case if Chlamydia infection is not treated on time then it can cause infection or blockage of Bartholin’s gland.
Note that these glands are present around vaginal openings and they use to release fluid at the time of intercourse to ensure lubrication. The Chlamydia infection tries to block these glands so a person may face abscess or cyst that is too painful or can also cause severe fever.
Diagnosis of Chlamydia
The Chlamydia diagnosis is performed on the basis of laboratory tests that show the presence of organisms. The identification can be carried out on the basis of bacteria associated genetic material as well as through culture. Note that, culture is generally rated as a time-consuming process so it is rarely used these days. Professionals often prefer to follow rapid tests for chlamydia treatment in women so that genetic material inside bacteria can be easily identified. The more common name for such tests is NAAT that stands for Nucleic Acid Amplification Test. This test can be conducted with the help of urine sample or by swabbing the cervix.
Possible Treatment for Chlamydia
As per medical professionals, Chlamydia can be easily treated with the help of antibiotic therapy. These antibiotics can be assigned for the 7-day course with a single dose per day. It is essential to stay away from sexual activity for these 7 days so that infection can be controlled with ease and your partner does not get infected with it.
The commonly known antibiotics for this chlamydia in women treatment are Doxycycline and Azithromycin but professionals may also recommend few other antibiotics for this treatment. In case if the lady affected with Chlamydia is pregnant that few other antibiotics can also be used as like ethyl succinate, erythromycin, and amoxicillin but pregnant ladies should not consume doxycycline. It is also essential to make your partner aware about the disease and bring him to the medical professional to undergo important tests.
Most Effective Home Based Remedies for Chlamydia
There are so many effective home based remedies that can be used for the complete treatment of Chlamydia;
some of these are listed as below:
- Garlic: We already know the amazing health benefits of garlic. You can find it easily in almost every kitchen because it works like a most important ingredient for routine cooking. But at the same time, garlic is popular for its anti-bacterial properties that can initiate action against Chlamydia. Note that, in order to treat signs of Chlamydia in women with garlic it is good to consume it like salad because of the cooked form loses the useful medicinal content. One can also prefer to drink garlic juice in its fresh form by adding a small amount of honey or sugar into it. If you are not able to drink or consume raw garlic then you can also buy the garlic capsules from the market.
- Usnea: This herb is also known by the name Old Man’s Beard and it is considered as one of the most powerful anti-viral solutions that can treat several infections in the human body. It can lead to more beneficial impact when consumed with moss and algae. Thus, this herb not only initiates a fight against infection causing bacteria rather it also eliminates fungal infections and viral threats. Usnea is also known for its ability to treat HIV viruses by boosting the ability of immune system so that effect of micro organisms can be reduced.
- Sage: Sage has amazing anti viral and anti bacterial properties that show effective response against Chlamydia. This herb is being used from long past for treatment of various diseases that cause troubles in sexual organs. In order to treat symptoms of Chlamydia in women, professionals use to prepare a juice from this herb. You simply need to boil one cup of water and then add sage into this water. Let it stay there for at least 5 minutes and then turn off the heat. Wait for 10 minutes and then drink this concoction. In order to avail best results, it is preferred to drink at least 4 to 5 cups of sage tea per day regularly for at least one week and it can soon eliminate the Chlamydia infection from your body.
- Saw Palmetto: Due to its antibacterial properties, it is commonly used for the treatment of urinary tract infections for both males and females. It not only works for the treatment of bacteria rather at the same time it also heals the tissue infection faster. Saw Palmetto is capable enough to cure mild and even severe Chlamydia infections and it is also capable enough to treat many other diseases that cause trouble to sexual organs.
- Turmeric: It is commonly used in every kitchen for cooking purpose but very few of you might be aware of its amazing anti-bacterial properties. Turmeric is capable enough to heal the infections in a natural manner and it also improves healing of affected tissues. The amazing anti-oxidant properties of this essential herb make it best suitable for treating free radicals that often cause infection and can also boost immunity power of the body.
- Cat’s Claw: Some of you might have heard the name of this powerful Chinese herb that can treat many sexually transferable diseases by acting against infectious bacteria. Note that, Cat’s Caw is rated as most effective therapy for treatment of Chlamydia symptoms in women. When it is combined with Gentian Herb then it becomes capable enough to boost the immune system in the human body and it also shows resistance against severe infections.
- Goldenseal: Goldenseal is being used from ancient times to treat fungal as well as bacterial infections on different parts of the body. This herb is popular for its berberine content as this enzyme is capable enough to destroy infectious bacteria. This herb can easily boost the abilities of the immune system and improves the health of white blood cells. Goldenseal is also used for the preparation of Douches that can remove reduce the itching and discomfort associated with Chlamydia. All these home based remedies are well tested by professionals and they are effective enough to ensure complete relief from Chlamydia symptoms. Whenever you face any trouble that is related to symptoms of Chlamydia then, first of all, move to a medical professional and then follow their advisers carefully to ensure complete diagnosis.